3754953270134348000:2008/11/#3754953270134348000,">

das fiten babeez

i am a dirty stinking liberal.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Dishonor Roll

Prop 8 passed with millions of dollars in out-of-state money coming in, much of it from the Mormon church. I haven't been able to find specific items pointing to politicking in church, but if anyone has some, I'd love to post it. You can do it anonymously and everything. I'd LOVE to get something that we can use to start the ball rolling on removing ANY politically active church's tax-exempt status. As an institution, churches can be as political as they want, but they forfeit tax-exemption. That's the fuckin' bargain.
The Dishonor Roll from Californians Against Hate is a great list of all the donors to Prop H8. I urge you to avoid the people on this list...if they cannot recognize other human beings as such, there is no reason to patronize their businesses or support their causes or concerns. It's not only Mormons either, there's extremists like Ahmanson and Prince on there as well.
The fact that Mormon's participated so vocally in organized bigotry hurts especially bad for me, since my own family has a lot of LDS in it, and I actually studied at a Mormon seminary for two years of before-school mornings. I've had numerous exchanges already, and I still don't understand how they came to this conclusion. Especially given the LDS's own experiences with bigotry and violence, it's hard to understand how they can support bigotry on others. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach.
I've heard a few pro-8 people say that people just don't understand their side of things. I can honestly say I don't. I've posted before about it, and I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hey! This is copyright me. Don't steal shit, obby. eXTReMe Tracker