112230076522771502:2005/07/#112230076522771502,">

das fiten babeez

i am a dirty stinking liberal.

Monday, July 25, 2005

What the fuck

Ok,
These attacks are really starting to piss me off.
In the last month they have been trying to blow up London.
Although I don’t know anyone who actually lives in London, It is the capitol of the country I am still a citizen of. Kind of like major bombing going on in DC when you live in Kenya... Kind of gets under your skin a little. But now they are taking it too far, and not just taking lives of the people we love, but seriously fucking with my finances, and my vacation.
Now they are gunning for Egypt
For the last 6 months or so, I have been eating top ramen for lunch every day and ignoring all kinds of wants and needs (except for motorcycles, but that is a different post) to scrimp and save to take a 10 day cruise down the Nile river. Well... We bought the plane tickets (non refundable I might add) last week to get us there, and the tour packages where paid for (also non refundable) a couple of months ago. All told somewhere around 5 grand. And now we are faced with a decision about scrapping it all and fucking off to Mexico for a couple of weeks instead. This pretty well pisses me off. $5K.... 5 thousand dollars... 500,000 pennies. You know what that is? That’s a new car...
That’s a new kitchen and back yard. That’s a thousand pounds of gummy worms. (Could you imagine that?) But here is the fucked up part...
People died.
88 at last count. Hundreds maimed and injured countless losses of tourism and severe economic impact…
And I’m worried about a month and a half’s pay. I feel like a fucking cockbag. I’d rather be out 5 grand than loose anyone I know.
I love my wife. Since the attack she has been keeping up on the Egyptian politics. She has been looking into getting some of our cash back from the travel agents. She has been up all night with me talking about how we could go anyway, and how it is almost our duty to not be afraid. Hell, she even said that if we didn’t go, and didn’t get our money back that we would be, in our small way, helping the Egyptian economy try to get back on its feet with our money. Helping those people who lost their livelihood try to get back on track.
I love my wife. She is an inspiration to me, and I would be lost without her. If anything happened to her, I would be finished. I don’t want to take her somewhere where last Saturday they blew up a hotel where people like us where sleeping.
88 people dead.
Hundreds wounded and maimed.


I wonder how Cancun is in September....
After all... Its only money

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hey! This is copyright me. Don't steal shit, obby. eXTReMe Tracker