114487446249638675:2006/04/#114487446249638675,">

das fiten babeez

i am a dirty stinking liberal.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

old things

just thinking

i have this band i loved so much...Heavy Vegetable, one of the most fiercely, beautifully creative and wonderful bands i've ever laid ears on, as it were. they broke up and some of the band formed Thingy. Then they broke up and went different ways, and the singer formed Pinback with another musician I love, Zack from 3 Mile Pilot.

I found this song in my playlist today and it really pushed me backwards in time, into Raul the Tercel and Boones Farm and ranting at the sky and smoking on rocks.

I wonder if I felt like this then and then changed or felt like this the whole time, but it was just subterranean, buried in me and came out as time wore me down and exposed different parts.

of course i'm not a rock, tho my constituent bits probably contain some rock parts. I have rocked, in the past. I might again.

Cottingley Fairies
Thingy
(Lyrics by Rob Crow)

hey mister barkeep
could you top me off?
top me off?
yeah mister barkeep
please top me off
top me off
I believe what my eyes see
and little Francis and Elsie
and Doyle's lantern and slides have
convinced me
I know it sounds crazy
I feel half the time
the Cottingley Fairies
watching from behind
(I know it sounds crazy) I can feel
(I feel half the time) their stare
(the Cottingley Fairies) and I want to see
(watching from behind) them there
ahh
la la la la la la la la la
ahh
la la la la la la la la la


I always like it when people transcribe the "La" parts into lyrics.

If you see some heavy Vegetable, or Thingy, or Pinback, or Snotnose, or Rob Crow, grab it, and listen closely, because it's just plain awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hey! This is copyright me. Don't steal shit, obby. eXTReMe Tracker